A Boundary Waters canoe trip outfitter can help you get into the canoe country wilderness more often and for more time. If you're short on time then let an outfitter pack all of your necessary gear for a Boundary Waters or Quetico Park canoe trip. When you leave the work to the outfitter you can spend your time paddling the wilderness waters.
A BWCA canoe outfitter has all of the necessary canoe gear for a camping trip into the wilderness. The canoe camping equipment is usually top notch and in good repair since it is used often. It's great to be able to just show up at the canoe trip outfitters with your personal items and have everything else ready for your canoe trip.
Most outfitters will provide a list of what is included in their outfitting package as well as a recommended Boundary Waters' pack list for you. Here's Voyageur Canoe Outfitter's recommended list of items to bring into the BWCA.
- *One loose fitting T-shirt (cotton)
- *One long sleeve shirt (cotton)
- *One warm long sleeved shirt (fleece or flannel shirt)
- One pair of shorts
- One swimsuit or swimshorts
- One pair of lightweight cotton or windbreaker pants (fast drying)
- One pair warm pants (wool or quick drying)
- A few pair of socks and underwear (remember you can wash them)
- Two pairs of shoes (one pair of Teva or wet shoes, one pair of tennis shoes, moccasins or Goretex boots)
- *One rainsuit (both pants and jacket used for windbreaker on cool days)
- *One hat wide brimmed for sun or rain protection)
- In the spring or fall - add a set of wool or goretex clothing, hat, gloves, wool socks and warm boots.
- * A flashlight or headlamp (one per tent)
*A good pocket knife
- *Camp Towel
- *Mosquito repellent
- *Lip balm
- *Head nets
- *Camera and extra film
- *A good book
- *Fishing gear
- Pillow case (fill with clothes and use as a pillow)
- *Camp pillow
- *Deck of cards
- *Notebook and pencil
- *Day pack or fanny pack
Here are a few of my favorite items to bring along on a Boundary Waters Canoe Trip.